Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy Apprenticeship
200-hour program, 10 modules, Begins October 28, 2013
with Sandra Shotton, E-RYT 500 & Visiting Faculty
What we need are Ayurvedic Yoga Therapists who are well trained in both Yoga and Ayurveda and are in a position to interact with allopathic doctors, not from an alternative perspective, but from a cooperative and complimentary one. Not as ‘technicians’ of asanas, but as well trained professionals of Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy.
This 200-hour Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy Apprenticeship will:
- Enrich your training as a yoga professional with components of Classical Yoga, Yoga Therapy and Ayurveda.
- Make practical use of the teachings of yoga and ayurveda to enrich the lives of others, as well as your own.
- Bring the timeless tools of yoga and wisdom of ayurveda to people unable to attend a regular yoga class.
- Explore the cycles of stress and imbalance and learn methods to transform them towards a sense of oneness and unity.
- Grant you an exceptional opportunity to study under the tutelage of a respected Ayurvedic Doctor from a traditional clinic in Jaipur.
- Will allow for a small group (max 8) learning environment with a seasoned teacher.
- Give you a space to retreat from your daily life and immerse yourself in these teachings in a spiritual environment.
- Give you time between modules to assimilate the information over a year’s time, staying connected with the instructor and the other students.
- Give you the opportunity to stay connected with a growing community and perhaps join us in India next year after this level is done, as we move on to the 500-hour!
You are encouraged to commit to the full program however, space permitting, there may be a possibility of attending the modules independently.
If you would like to become a certified Ayurvedic Yoga Therapist, the International Association of Yoga Therapists requires the full 800 hours. This 200-hour apprenticeship will be the first level, and the next two levels will follow beginning January 2015. Read more about this Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy Apprenticeship.
For more info on Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy Apprenticeship or to register, please contact Sandra Shotton at (250) 754-0939, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Island Yoga Vista.
Practicing Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy for 17 years now, Sandra Shotton graduated from Integrative Yoga Therapy in 1997. She studied through the Ayurvedic Institute, in 2007 and further in 2008 at Chakrapani Ayurveda in Jaipur, India. This valuable time spent in India both with her guru Swami Niranjan of the Bihar School of Yoga and her Ayurvedic mentor Dr. Kotecha added much depth to her knowledge and awareness.