UPDATED: April 6, 2020
The Salt Spring Centre of Yoga has been closely monitoring news regarding the latest updates and public health recommendations regarding COVID-19. We recognize increased concerns around protecting our health and the health of our community due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
We believe that the safety and health of our community and our guests is of utmost importance to us. Here at the Centre we have been enhancing our safety measures based on the latest information available on the virus.
Please visit the Health Canada website for the most up-to-date recommendations and information regarding COVID-19.
The focus of the Centre continues to be one of respect and love for our community at large. In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, we are closing the Centre to all visitors except for essential services and deliveries.
We have cancelled our spring programs, including:
- All March, April and May programs and rentals
- Spring Residential Karma Yoga session (April 14 – June 21, 2020)
- Personal Retreats
- On-site public offerings (see the Public Offerings page for details on how to participate in our online public offerings)
- On-site yoga classes (see the Yoga Class Schedule page for a list of online yoga classes)
- All bookings at the Chikitsa Shala Wellness Centre
We will be continuing to evaluate all upcoming programs and rentals to ensure we are proceeding in the safest way possible. The Centre will continue to post updates about the status of program and class cancellations on this page in the coming dates and weeks. We highly recommend that you check back here before visiting the Centre.
We have made changes to our cancellation policy to minimize the financial impact of any program cancellations due to COVID-19. We will continue to review the policy as needed.
NOTE: We are still accepting applications for our summer 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training program
How to Stay Connected
The Salt Spring Centre of Yoga is moving the following offerings online to better connect with you.
- Virtual Satsang – Salt Spring Centre of Yoga on Sundays
- Virtual Satsang – Vancouver on Sundays
- Yoga-Sutra study group on Sundays
- Bhagavad Gita study group on Tuesdays
- and more
Special event: April 7, 2020 at 9:30 am (PST)
Tuesday, April 6, is Hanuman Jayanti at the Yoga Centre, which means we’ll be celebrating and practicing with one of our favourite forms of the Divine … Hanuman! There will be many events at the Centre, but if you’d like to join in, Mahavir, will be offering 11 rounds of the Hanuman Chalisa at 9:30 am PST for you to sing along. You can either attend on Facebook (we will try and make Facebook Live work) or you can join on Zoom:
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/533119043…
- Follow us on social media, on Facebook and Instagram
- Sign up for our monthly e-newsletter. (If you missed our April newsletter, you can read it here)
Supporting the Centre
All of the COVID 19-related program cancellations are, of course, having a big impact on the Centre’s financial stability. Recognizing that this is a situation common to all, please know that if you are in a position to be able to support the Centre during this time, donations would be most welcome.
Donations can be sent in the following ways:
- Sending an e-transfer (use email email@example.com)
- Donating online
- Calling the office during office hours (Monday-Friday, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm) and donating using your credit card
We appreciate any support you’re able to offer.
We would like to thank everyone for their patience and understanding as we all navigate this evolving situation. We’ll be proceeding with plans that prioritize health, safety and care – especially for the most vulnerable members of our community. It feels more important now than ever for us to take care of each other.