Daya’s Summer Salad
Imagine a big bowl of fresh picked salad greens sprinkled with asiago cheese, nuts, and dressing, glistening in the late afternoon sun. Very refreshing on a hot day. Try garnishing with fresh red raspberries or sliced strawberries.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 8 cups salad greens or spinach
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 1-2 Tbsp butter or ghee
- 3/4 cup grated asiago cheese or fresh grated parmesan
- Sliced strawberries or fresh raspberries(optional)
- Mix the dressing in a jar and set aside
- Wash the salad leaves or spinach, tear it into bite-size pieces, and pour the dressing over it.
- Chop the pine nuts or walnuts and sauté them in butter or ghee, then sprinkle them over the greens.
- Sprinkle the cheese on the salad and toss.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries or fresh raspberries in season.
Recipe reproduced from The Salt Spring Experience: Recipes for Body, Mind and Spirit.
If you would like to purchase a copy of our popular book, contact us and we’d be happy to send you one.
Photo by Plat.