Kids Program FAQs
45th Annual Community Yoga Retreat Kids Program
Parents, when you’re in classes, your kids get to play in the Kids Program for their own retreat experience. Experience has shown us that when the kids are happy, everyone’s experience is more joyful.
Below are details about the ACYR Kids Program. We look forward to welcoming you and your children!
- The Kids Program is for children ages 3 and up, for families registered for the Annual Community Yoga Retreat.
- The Kids Program will offer arts, crafts, and games; outdoor play, forest and property exploration; and family asana classes.
- Preschoolers must be toilet trained in order to attend the Kids Program without a parent or caregiver present
Check-in and check-out
- For the safety and security of all children, it is very important that parents check kids IN and OUT, regardless of the age of the child.
- Parents can take their children with them at any time, but please sign in at the school and sign out at the mound (beside main house) with the Kids Program Coordinators.
- Children need to be picked up immediately after Asana classes so that Kids Program staff/volunteers can participate in the rest of the events.
- When children are not in the Kids Program, they are the responsibility of parents. Please make sure you know where your children are at all times.
- Certain areas are off-limit to children: the garden, greenhouse, work areas, quiet class areas, the pond area (unless accompanied by an adult).
- Kids are welcome to join everyone for satsang, evening kirtan, aarti, etc. If young children find it difficult to sit quietly during such times, please accompany them elsewhere.
It is important for the program staff to know about any allergies, medication(s) or other health issues your kids might have and medical treatment in the unlikely event that your child is injured or becomes ill.
- Please ensure the Care Forms has been filled out, and leave it at Reception when you check in.
- Please note that we have children coming with severe nut allergies. The Kids Program space will be nut-free zone!
- Breakfast for kids will be available at the Salt Spring Centre School from 7:15 – 8:50 am.
- Your children will be with you for brunch.
- There is a special kid-friendly dinner offered to kids. They are welcome to have the adult dinner, but most kids prefer the kids’ food.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I see the Kids Program schedule?
There is a preliminary (draft) schedule posted on the Schedule page.
Where is the Kids Program held?
The Kids Program is based out of the School.
What is my child is under the age of 3?
Children under the age of 3 are welcome to come to the Kids Program for breakfast and to play as long as they are with a parent or caregiver at all times.
What if my children aren’t in the Kids program?
When children are not in the Kids Program, they are the responsibility of parents. Please make sure you know where your children are at all times.
What to bring:
Please make sure your child arrives at each Kids Program session with all of the following items:
- a hat
- a water bottle
- a jacket (in case it gets cooler)
- a change of clothes
- anything else your child may need
Please label all of your child’s belongings. Please ensure your children wear clothes suitable for messy activities!
How do I register my children in the Kids program?
When you complete the ACYR Registration Form, please indicate the name, age, and gender of your child(ren).