Online Ayurveda and Yoga Retreat
DISCOVER SELF-CARE TOOLS FOR A HAPPIER, HEALTHIER LIFE
September 11 – 13, 2020
Please join Jyoti Natasha Samson of Nourish Ayurveda and Yoga, to learn and practice the rejuvenating methods of Ayurveda and Yoga. This virtual retreat will provide a beautiful balance of learning, laughing, and support.
The body is a boat which carries the soul in the ocean of the world. If it is not strong or it has a hole, then it can’t cross the ocean. So the first duty is to fix the boat.Baba Hari Dass
About Ayurveda and Yoga
Ayurveda and Yoga are complementary sister sciences and when combined promote and nourish a deeper mind-body connection. A 5,000-year-old system of natural healing, Ayurveda has its roots in the Vedic culture of ancient India. Ayurveda, which literally means the science of life, teaches that health is in the balance state of one’s body, mind and soul. Ayurveda holds that each human possesses a unique combination of biological energies called the three Doshas. Learning to manage and balance one’s unique doshic constitution is the key to improving and sustaining optimum mental and physical well-being at any age.
Yoga is a mind and body practice that includes physical postures, breathing techniques, and meditation or relaxation. Classical Ashtanga Yoga, also known as raja yoga, is the scientific method of enlightenment propounded by the ancient sage Patanjali more than 2,000 years ago in his Yoga Sutras.
What you will learn:
- The causes of diminishing health and well-being
- How yoga can be used as medicine
- Fundamentals of Ayurveda
- Your Ayurveda constitution “doshas” or Prakriti
- Understanding food, lifestyle and movement through the lens of Ayurveda
- Diet, exercise, daily routines and lifestyle habits that will work for you
- Yoga (asana/ breathing/ meditation) that will help with your imbalances
- The nourishing benefits of ‘abhyanga’ – self-oilation massage
- Understanding your imbalances and how to restore balance
- Establish self-care goals that you can sustain realistically
A more detailed schedule coming soon!
* All offerings are held via Zoom.
|Friday afternoon||Introduction and retreat opening|
|Theory class: yoga as medicine|
|Saturday||Sadhana class (breathing practices and meditation)|
|Asana class: yoga for pacifying pita|
|Theory class: introduction to Ayurveda|
|Questionnaire to determine your own dosha|
|Asana class: yoga pacifying vata|
|Daily routine discussion|
|Self-oilation (ahyanga) session|
|Sunday morning||Sadhana class (breathing practices and meditation)|
|Asana class: yoga for pacifying kapha|
|Review, question & answer session and closing|
- 3 yoga asana classes, one for pacifying each dosha
- 2 morning sadhana classes
- 3 theory and discussion classes
- Ayurveda Preparation Package complete with a recommended menu, recipes, theory handouts, reference information and tips for preparation so you can get the most out of your weekend with us.
The total cost for this retreat is $300 per person, including all taxes. Pricing is in CAD.
Meet Your Instructor
JYOTI NATASHA SAMSON
CYA-RYT 200; Ay. HC
Jyoti is a graduate of the SSCY Yoga Teacher Training (200 hr) and teaches public, corporate, and private classes in the lower mainland. She also teaches at the Centre’s Yoga Getaways and retreats and is on faculty for the annual SSCY Yoga Teacher Training (200 hr). Jyoti furthered her studies and obtained her Ayurveda Health Counselor Diploma at the Mount Madonna Institute College of Ayurveda under prominent Ayurveda physicians; Dr. Vassant Lad, Dr. John Doulliard, Dr. Sarita Shrestha, Dr. Suhas Kshirsagar among others. She completed her Ayurveda Massage Treatment Program under the guidance of Dr. Jaisri Lambert. Jyoti teaches Ayurveda at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition and offers private Ayurveda Consultations and Body Treatments/Massage. She currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Dharma Sara Satsang Society. nourishyoufirst.ca